Balthali Village Resort, my personal review of this awesome must-go with the family destination.​

Finally, i am here to recommend Balthali Village Resort (BVR) for anyone having grandparents and young kids for a short 1 or 2 days refreshing holidays.
It's 30mins drive from Panauti and the roads are bumpy near Khopasi area and gravel uphill drive until the BVR.
The roads are blacktop at some places but its never tiring. We were driving a Hyundai compact car with my 80y/o grand mother, 6y/o, 10y/0 and 12y/o.
Everyone enjoyed the trip.

After reaching the Balthali Village Resort property, there's a large parking area, and you need to climb the staircase, just about 1-2mins slow climbing to reach to the reception area.

We reached there around 5:30 PM from kathmandu, around one and half hour drive from Bhainsepati.
We made a reservation in advance and requested to accommodate everbody in a single room. Which the hotel manager had organised accordingly. No hassle.

On our way, the hotel manager called us frequently so that we don't get confused with the location. Locals nearby also directed us exactly. Very helpful.
As we reached, we were served with freshly baked butter popcorns and roasted Bhatmas (white soybean), and good tea options.

There's a large area for kids to play around. Just like this picture below.

Balthali Village Resort

As it gets darker, the manager took us to the fireplace where we sat for hours before dinner. We were also asked the time to dine, and table was set exactly on time.
After the dinner we sat for hour around the fireplace, made a lot of chitchat and relaxed a lot. The fireplace is indoor so it is quite a "thing" to receive continuous warmth from the fire.

I was eager to catch the sunrise the next morning. The following picture is before the Sunrise and it was quite a scene.
I was lucky to see the long-tailed birds flying early in the morning. Though it was cold i waited to see the sunrise.

Waiting for Sunrise - Balthali Village Resort

after waiting 10 minutes i was able to see and feel the first ray of the sun. It was a surreal moment for me.

Sunrise at Balthali Village Resort

As time passes, the waiter approached and asked timings to serve us breakfast. He managed all on time.
On our table, we had canned juice, a bowl of mixed seasonal fruits, omelette + sausages + pancake like roti, cornflakes + milk, and bread slices + butter + honey.
It was a large meal included in the package. It was worth, it took a while to finish, but we finished all.

Balthali Village Resort

After having good tummy full-filling breakfast we decided to check-out as early as 10:00 AM .
Because, all of a sudden we planned to visit to "namo buddha" from Panauti which is only 25mins drive (via Shankhu शंखु ).
The highway is super blacktopped and the route was so satisfying.
Highly recommended.

NOTE:
  • It is best to visit between Monday to Thursdays. Usually the place attracts large bookings during weekends
  • The hotel staff members are very cooperative and hospitable, be open so that they can organize your accommodation accordingly.
    (tell if you are visiting with elders or kids)
  • call them as and when needed if you are on your way. they will instruct the location perfecty.
  • there're similar hotel nearby with the name "Balthali ____ Resorts", don't get confused.
That's it.
Do you have similar experience, let me know in the comments.
Sreena

Sujan

Hi, can you please share the rates for accomodations too!

Hi, can you please share the rates for accomodations too!
Hello.

The rates could be between 7000 to 9000 (NPR) during weekdays. Price could be different, you may want to call BVR directly. Also discuss includes/excludes such as BB or Lunch or Dinner.

thx